photo home_zps8d7ad158.png  photo About_zps2da88898.png  photo life_zps579d7f9a.png  photo reading_zps3a8c4119.png  photo howdoi_zps464de295.png

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Top 3: TV Shows On My Screen Recently

Recently I've been working on homework and working non-stop, it feels like. I'm a wimp, though, when it comes to having things to do. I hate having things to do. As a way of keeping my sanity, I've been watching a fair amount of television.

I want to share with you the TV shows that I've been watching recently. However, let me warn you that these shows in no way have anything to do with each other. They all come from completely different 'genres' (if TV shows have genres...??) and have completely different audiences. Just as a preface, these are in no particular order because to ask me to order these is like asking me to choose between chocolate and chocolate. It's extremely difficult, practically impossible, and doesn't even make sense.

1. Gilmore Girls

Ggs3

Uh.... so Gilmore Girls is now on Netflix. Which means that (1) we no longer have to buy every season although we still probably will, and (2) there's nothing stopping us from a full out marathon. Holla!! My mom, sister, and I just started season 3; however, I anticipate season 7 by the end of the month. :) Just kidding.... kind of. I feel like this is one of the shows that if you're already a fan, you understand, and if you aren't a fan, you won't see the value in it. But I could be wrong. The city, Stars Hollow, is to die for. The dialog has a way of making you snicker and have a headache all at the same time. It's wonderful.
 

2. Jericho

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0805663/
My family just recently finished both seasons of this show and we loved it. One of the things that I found most impressive was the ability for me to love the show despite disliking the main character. Hey, it is what it is. The show takes place in a town called Jericho. There are nuclear bombs that have gone off across the country leaving chaos. Jericho is a sort of 'safe haven' and the show follows the townspeople in figuring out what has happened and how to survive. It's kind of hard to figure out exactly what I liked about the show, though. I loved the rest of the characters and I feel like the writers did a good job of investing you in the characters. However, more than that I think that the plot line draws you in more and more. There's a bit of mystery in the episodes as the cause of the bombs starts to become unveiled.
 

3. The Paradise

The Paradise (2012) Poster
This show is so cute! The plot follows a country-girl, Denise, as she seeks out work in the country's first department store, The Paradise. My sister and I have been watching this together. Personally, I love the wardrobe and history aspect of the show. It's just a really fun show to watch! The first season is on Netflix; however, in preparing for this blog post I found out that the second season is currently on PBS Sunday nights at 8 p.m. If you have a chance to catch an episode, I don't think you'll be disappointed. However, you could be. I can't tell you what you do and do not like.
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment and let me know what you thought about today's post!